1. Curriculum delivery.
- The curriculum shall comprise the entire range of available technical and vocational education and training in approved curriculum and upgraded as new technologies, human capital local demand demands.
- Curriculum delivery:
i. Life skills for personal development
ii. Life skills for work place
2. Pedagogic approach. The stipulated pedagogy specified in the curriculum for the various trade subjects and literacy shall be complied with. In addition, the following shall be ensured for all categories of trainings in line with the Institute’s vision of practical skills for entrepreneurship for all trained participants:
- Learning activities- students and trainees shall be required to plan, explore, practice and perform. These shall be supported by ongoing enquiry (evaluation) and reflection.
- Student shall undertake projects-both group and personal projects to ensure hands on engagements of all aspects of the training;
- Self-development shall be strongly encouraged.
3. Examination and Certification.
- Internal Evaluations & Examinations. During the period on instruction, students/ trainees shall be tested through written tests, group assignments and personal projects as necessary, and as specified in the curriculums. The purpose for internal evaluation at routine intervals shall be to confirm that learning is taking place and based on performance, support each trainee/ student to do better.
- External Examinations & Certifications. In line with extant education polices and laws, the Institute shall collaborate with the various examination bodies- State Ministries for Education, NABTEB, WAEC and NECO, and professional bodies etc to ensure formal testing and certification of trained participants as applicable.